Monday, May 30, 2011

Observing Memorial Day

Since moving to MN, it's always been very hard for me to celebrate any type of holiday. Because, I come from a family where there are no seats available during a holiday celebration. You find a seat on the floor, the arm of the recliner in the living room or even someones lap if necessary and now that I have no one to celebrate these events with they just don't feel the same.

I have one friend who recently has figured out how to get me out of the house and enjoying holiday celebrations the way any person should. So, not only did I get to enjoy a great meal today and observe and remember those who lost their lives to protect our country but, I got to celebrate and recognize those living and I got remember what family is really about.

So I want to say thank Verylcia and Roosevelt for making it a great day! You two are great and the food wasn't bad at all!!! My favorite by far was the cheese brats, potato salad and the baked beans. I could have just eaten the potato salad. Oh! I am eating the banana pudding now!

2 comments: