Thursday, September 22, 2011

Going Vegetarian Day 3 & 4.....

DAY 3
Day three was such a dark spot in my mind. To be honest I don't remember. I was so busy that I spent most of my day in my truck and I drank tea and water all day. That is the truth. I woke up with hunger pains about 3AM and drank water. I just didn't want to attempt to figure out what to eat. I do not at all agree with my decision. I was just tired and wanted to sleep. "I DO NOT IN ANY WAY RECOMMEND THIS".

DAY 4
Here we go back on track...... I thought I was totally losing it. No need to mention exercise at this point. You all know every morning that it happens unless I mentioned otherwise. Breakfast was kind of hum drum....2 eggs and toast for breakfast and for lunch I had vegetarian pizza with a friend. When I was standing in the kitchen trying to figure out what to make for dinner it was like I had made it to the top of the mountain. I didn't even attempt to use the recipe's I found. I started chopping veggies, pulling out seasonings, olive oil and pasta and went for it and below are the results....What do you think?

This was so simple:
2 Large Zucchini
3 Roma Tomatoes
1 Small Onion
1 tsp. Minced Garlic
1/2 cup of Romano Cheese
4-5 Fresh Basil Leaves

1. Drop pasta in boiling, salted water and a 1 Tbsp. of oil to keep pasta from sticking as it's cooking
 for 5-8 minutes. Just til it's al dente.

2. Add 1 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil to a hot pan, then add garlic and onion, allow to cook for about a minute, add zucchini and tomatoes, let vegetables saute for about 2 to 3 minutes, then add your pasta and about 3 Tbsp. of water that was used to cook pasta. Toss several times for about another two minutes and serve topped with fresh basil and Romano Cheese or your favorite cheese.

Add salt and pepper to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment