Thursday, September 22, 2011

Going Vegetarian Update.....


So, I swore last Saturday that I would go vegetarian for seven days. What was I thinking? Oh, I know I was thinking about better health and trying something new. I researched like crazy to make sure that I was venturing into this lifestyle the right way. I even found a starter kit that the Vegetarian Times Magazine offers that is very informative for a beginner. I will be placing a link at the end of this post for the starter kit. So, I am going to talk about how it has gone so far day by day.

DAY 1
I got up and took my walk/run as usual and came home excited about going to the store to do the grocery shopping for my vegetarian meals that I had planned for 7 days. Well first, I spent more money than I normally would and I think it is because I truly paid attention to the quality of the food, I knew something would have to make up for not having meat on my plate. The day went as such: Mushroom and spinach egg scramble for breakfast and I completely forgot about lunch. For dinner I made the best tasting mushroom and spinach quesadilla's with guacamole on the side... No, your eyes are not deceiving you. I was in such dismay that I forgot about my menu and ate the first thing I could find. The ingredients were basically the same....I needed meat so bad that all of that creativity went right out the window.

DAY 2
I took my walk/run and I normally would eat half of a bagel and light cream cheese but my body felt as if it was being deprived so I cut a big chunk of foccacia topped with spinach, feta, olive oil and fresh ground black pepper. Warmed it in the microwave and ate it as if it was the last piece of food in the house. Because I felt so guilty I skipped lunch which was a big no..no. By dinner time which is between 5-6:30pm for my family;  I was in the drive-thru at Mickey D's.. You all would have been so proud, I tossed the food. I truly tossed it! Can you believe that? But, for dinner I gave in and had a salmon burger with tomato, onion and lots of greens . It didn't make me feel better about my defeat but, boy was it good!

http://www.vegetariantimes.com/resources/vegetarian_starter_kit/


No comments:

Post a Comment