Monday, June 20, 2011

The Joy of Watching A Child Have Fun Cooking!!!!

I always loved teaching the boys new recipes or techniques I had picked up. One day I decided to let Ashton choose a menu of his liking and cook it. It wasn't much of a surprise that he would choose two of his favorite to make for dinner. Black Pepper Shrimp and Butter & Garlic Asparagus.

He took the time to clean the shrimp and prep the asparagus which seemed like forever.  He didn't really follow a recipe but I thought it would be fun to watch him prepare it. Below is a list of the ingredients and you can let them go to town on what herbs and seasonings they want you use within reason of course. The shrimp were a little overcooked but the look on his face when I cleaned my plate....PRICELESS!!!!!



Deveined Shrimp
Asparagus
Butter
Minced Garlic
Fresh Ground Black Pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil


No comments:

Post a Comment