Thursday, June 2, 2011

My Heart Breaks for Avenue Eatery

I took a walk this morning. This was the first time that exercise was involved in my daily routine since I began the journey with managing the reopening of the Bean Scene Too/Avenue Eatery. As I walked closer excited to go have breakfast there as a customer and not the stressed out manager that I was. It was heart breaking to get there and see several signs in the window. Such as, "Experienced Barista Needed", "Closed due to management changes" and to have one of my old employees tell me that my best former employee Jovan had quit. FYI.....anyone looking for a hard worker she is definitely worth having on your team.

 Before I could go, the employee ran to the door again to ask me if I could help him with finding a job. Of course, my answer was yes. Is it really that bad now? Either way, I am sorry to say I am no longer a part of Avenue Eatery and I wish the business the best of luck. So, I guess you could say this is my formal announcement. I left over a week ago and I am only sending this out because I get calls every morning asking why the shop isn't open. The answer to that is because, I'm not running it. I am sure Avenue Eatery will find a great manager. Until then I will be at Milda's Cafe on Glennwood every morning working toward my old but new career. I am going to reopen my personal chef business and enjoy life with the stresses I choose to have not the ones that are imposed. I must say I will truly miss all of the NoMi peeps I have met through working at the coffee shop and I hope we continue to keep in touch.

Sincerely,

IMAG0157
Shericka

No comments:

Post a Comment