Sunday, June 5, 2011

My Visit to West Broadway Farmer's Market

I was so excited to get up this morning and walk down the street to a farmer's market in my own neighborhood less than two blocks away. It shows that things are definitely looking up after the tornado that devastated North Minneapolis. Even though there were not a ton of vendor's,  I was very excited to see how enthusiastic the vendors were. I also enjoyed talking to Alicia Uzarek the market manager. I even ran into a few of my NoMi people like Ariah. It was really nice seeing faces that I welcomed every morning in the shop I managed.  I will definitely miss my customers.

While there,  I met this wonderful young lady named Alyssa. She was there with her grandmother selling items such as pickles, jams, jellies and preserved fruits. I think I even noticed some kraut on the table. I loved her excitement and how she described the peaches that her grandfather canned. She definitely brought something special to the market. I took a picture of Alyssa with her grandparents goods but my camera was not cooperating while down loading my pictures. I decided to take a picture of the Habanero Jelly I purchased on my phone. Alyssa suggested I mix some with cream cheese. I cant wait!!!!!!

noname noname

No comments:

Post a Comment